Hot Peppered Roast Lamb with Mint Sauce
Succulent roast lamb with a peppery jacket complimented with a rich mint sauce.
- Recipe serves:6-7
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 1 kg lamb
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- 5 tablespoons crushed pepper
- 120g Sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
- Ingredients for Mint Sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups vinegar
- Season the lamb with crushed pepper, Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix, mixed herbs, vinegar, Astra, turmeric and salt to taste. Leave in the fridge (normal compartment not deep freezer) to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat an oven for 200°C then reduce heat to 180°C. Roast the lamb for 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot with mint sauce.
- For Mint Sauce
- In a medium-sized saucepan stir together sugar and vinegar. Bring to boil and reduce the heat. Then add finely chopped mint leaves. Boil gently, uncovered, until reduced to 1 cup. Finally remove from heat and discard the mint leaves.
- Looking for Christmas Recipes featuring lamb? Serve this and your dish will be the talk of the town!
Chef’s Tip:You can puree the mint leaves and mix it into the sauce to make it thick and more flavorful. If the mint flavour is too strong add more sugar to reduce it.