Extra Spicy Pot-roasted Soy Chicken
Fiery and succulent pot-roasted soy chicken basting in its own juices.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation Time10 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 5-6 pieces chicken, preferably bone-in
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons crushed pepper
- 2 sachets Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 10 ml oil
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour the chicken and its marinade into a clay pot or a deep nonstick pan.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes while turning the chicken over frequently.
- When the chicken is halfway cooked, lift off the lid and let it brown while cooking in its own juices.
- Serve hot.
- Brilliant, easy recipes like these are not only a time-saver but a gastronomic pleasure as well!
Chef’s Tip:When serving the chicken use the remaining marinade in the pot to make a sauce; simply add ½ cup of water to the remaining marinade and reduce it to a moderate consistency. Then serve it with your chicken.