Hot Garlic Fried Squid Rings
Batter fried crispy squid rings with a hot garlic flavour, complemented with a dipping sauce. Easily one of the best seafood bites!
- Recipe serves:5
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 500g squid
- 1 cup flour
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic paste
- Clean and cut squid body and sacks into 1/4 inch wide rings.
- In a bowl add flour, garlic paste, oil, Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix, egg, baking powder and milk. Mix until a thick batter forms.
- Coat squid rings with the batter.
- Deep fry in 2 or 3 batches for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use tissue to absorb excess oil and serve hot with your choice of dip.
- Easy Recipes like these are perfect for:
a) Bites at parties
b) Kids foods and snacks
Chef’s Tip:Fry coated squid one at a time to make it crispier. Adding squid in large batches will cause it to stick together, making it lumpy.