Chicken Liver Stroganoff
Delectable chicken liver stroganoff with button mushrooms and an unforgettable sauce that is thick, velvety and full of flavour.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 400g cleaned chicken liver
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 sachet Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- 1 onion, chopped
- 120g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 125g fresh cream
- Sprig of parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the chicken liver with 1 tablespoon of flour and salt and pepper.
- Melt Astra in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and add onion. Sauté till softened.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add coated liver and fry for 3 minutes or until just browned. Then mix Worcestershire sauce, chilli sauce, Knorr Chicken Powder Mix and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix fresh cream and the balance flour in a fresh bowl. Then, pour it into the fried liver mixture and bring to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot with pasta or noodles.
- Searching for classy, easy recipes for dinner parties? Make dinner party food in 30 minutes or less with this Russian classic!
Chef’s Tip:You can substitute chicken liver with strips of beef sirloin, fillet or any other meat.