Beef with Pak Choi, Mushrooms and Noodles
Fragrant and spicy beef sirloin in an aromatic Asian broth served with green beans and button mushrooms.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 100g rice noodles
- 400g beef sirloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 fresh red chillies, finely sliced
- 2 cups of oyster or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 4 cups of water
- 2 Pak Choi, quartered (Chinese Cabbage)
- A handful of spring onion leaves (for garnish)
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for a few minutes and strain.
- Rub the beef with olive oil, a sprinkle of cumin and a pinch of salt.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and grill the beef on all sides. Then take it out and slice it up.
- In the same pan add garlic, onion, ginger and chilli. Cook for a couple of minutes then add the mushrooms, water and Knorr Chicken Cubes. Bring to boil then add the Pak Choi to the broth.
- Stir the noodles and correct the seasoning.
- Serve everything together with broth. Sprinkle spring onion leaves on top just before serving.
- Easy Recipes for a:
b) Rainy Day
Chef’s Tip:You can substitute beef sirloin for fillet.