Seafood Au Gratin
Seafood Au Gratin with fresh squid and prawns covered with a warm blanket of cheese.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time25 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 200g prawns, peeled
- 200g fish, cubed
- 200g squid, cubed
- 1 Packet Knorr Italian Pasta White Sauce
- 200ml fresh milk
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Astra
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard paste
- 400ml water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 80g grated cheese
- Heat Astra in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, fry onion and garlic. Then add fish, prawns and squid and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add green pepper and stir well.
- Add mustard cream and vinegar.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and milk. Bring to boil.
- When boiling combine water with Knorr Italian Pasta White Sauce and pour into the seafood mixture. Season well and boil till thick.
- Lift off the stove and arrange on an oven proof dish. Cover generously with cheese and pre-heat the oven for 2-3 minutes on 180° C, 300° F or a 4 gas mark. Bake for 2-3 minutes till cheese melts.
- Fishing for quick recipes involving Italian Seafood, which can be served for lunch or dinner? Consider this your catch of the day.
Chef’s Tip:Always use very fresh seafood.