Ginger Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry
Savoury ginger chicken with a hint of sweetness to it served in stir-fried cashew and fresh peppers.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 500g chicken breasts, sliced or diced
- 10ml vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of finely crushed ginger
- 1 large onion, diced
- Spring onion leaves, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Red, green and yellow peppers, de-seeded and diced
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a wok or heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add chicken and ginger, stir fry till slightly brown.
- Add the onions, peppers, cashews and stir fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add water, Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe mix and sugar. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Correct the seasoning.
- Sprinkle spring onion leaves and take off from heat. Serve with rice or noodles.
- Looking for a combination of quick recipes with deliriously good chicken recipes? We have your cooking guide right here.
Chef’s Tip:Add a Knorr Chicken Cube or 1 sachet of Knorr Chicken Powder Mix when seasoning the chicken to enhance its flavour.