Wok Fried Chilli Prawns with Basil and Spinach
A zesty wok-fried seafood dish infused with a fiery spice, topped with fresh spinach, onions and basil.
- Recipe serves:4 to 6
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 20 large prawns, cleaned and de-veined
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- 30ml oil
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh and tender spinach leaves, roughly cut
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 B. onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 juiced lime
- Salt to taste
- Mix the prawns and ½ of the oil with Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix. Allow it to marinate for a few minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok on medium heat. Add the seasoned prawns and cook them till the colour turns pink and well-done.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together and fry for another few minutes.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add this to your book of quick recipes and delicious party foods!
Chef’s Tip:Always remove the intestine and the shell from in-between the legs of a prawn before cooking.