We believe that food grown better, tastes better.
We take immense pride in our superior quality products and have earnestly sourced the best quality ingredients for years.
We bring this same drive for quality to our pursuit for sustainability because we believe that food grown better, tastes better. This means implementing methods to reduce water consumption and to protect the biodiversity around our farms.
Summarised, our commitment is to:
- Sustainably source all agricultural ingredients including herbs, vegetables, meat and spices by the year 2020.
- Help farmers adapt, develop and improve their farming practices and techniques so that Knorr’s top 13 veggies and herbs come from sustainable sources by the year 2015.
- Continue to invest €1 million annually into the Knorr Sustainability Partnership Fund, a program that supports farmers and growers on complex sustainable agriculture projects.M31
- Make €10 million available for sustainable agriculture initiatives for suppliers and farmers by the year 2020.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions of our products by 50% by the year 2020*. This can be achieved through minimisation across the lifecycle; from sourcing raw materials to use and disposal of the packaging and product.
- Reduce the waste to landfill across all our products by 50% by the year 2020*. Although this may seem like quite a task, we are determined to reach our goal by following the 3 R’s; reducing, reusing and recycling. We also hope to eliminate packaging materials from our products.
- Double the proportion of our products which meet the highest nutritional standards, based on globally recognised dietary guidelines, by the year 2020. By already significantly reducing salt, saturated fat, sugar and removing trans-fats from our products we have made a difference to the way you eat today.
All for the Love of Food and Flavour
We love new challenges and know that the Knorr Sustainable Living Plan is a huge one! We know that it is the right thing to do and our love for great food and flavour is at the heart of it. We believe that looking after the world we live and grow our ingredients in can only make them taste even better.
And we’re ready to go all the way if it means better and higher quality food on your plate.
* Our targets are at Unilever level. Our environmental targets are expressed on a ‘per consumer use’ basis, on a baseline of 2008. By ‘per consumer use’ we mean a single use, portion or serving of a product.